MMXVI-MMXVII

Part A: You, the Writer
– Before this course my writing identity was mainly writing short stories and I got my inspiration from my life events. I also usually wrote in first person and I stayed within a small comfort zone.
– My identity now is I prefer poetry and I’ve learned how to take inspiration from everything. I’m learning to write from various perspectives as well as in a larger comfort zone.
– Among my development as a writer I have learned how to take inspiration from everything and I write much on much darker subjects. I have learned how to use less description and still have everything flow well. I also pay more attention to GUMPS and find its easier to pick things out.
– As a mentor writer I would say to make sure you’re write for yourself and if you don’t like something you write, still keep it and you may go back to it later. As well to always write down your ideas and inspirations to build on later.
– My future plan with writing is to write more often at home. My goals are also to publish a book of poetry and a novel of some sort.

Part B: You, the Blogger
– This was my first time blogging so I have learned a lot about what to post and how to do it well.
– After this course I want to continue to post, change some of the looks and edit some posts to improve them.
– The student blogs I will continue to follow are Kayla, Elissa, Emily, Jade, Hope, and Aaman.
– I have not explored any professional bloggers yet, however I plan to in the future.

Part C: You, the Student
– I found the poetry unit to be an “Aha” for me because I discovered a new way of writing that I enjoy more and find I become more proud of. As well writing journals helped me with where I take inspiration from.
– As a reader I have discovered more poets and older authors. I plan to reader older or higher level books to improve for the years ahead.
– As a writer I plan to write enough poetry to publish my own poetry book.
– I will take creative writing class again because it will help me to improve my writing and explore more opportunities.

Part D: You, the Fan
– Studying published authors has opened me up to more styles and ways of writing than just classwork. In my writing I am now exploring more formats and styles outside of my usual comfort zone. I am learning what things I prefer doing and how to incorporate those into my regular writing.
– I am glad I did my writer because going into detail about how they wrote and found inspiration opened my eyes to all the possibilities there are for writing.
– The genres that have interested me the most would be dark fiction, poetry, sadness and romance.
– I learned that there are way more than one way of writing about one idea and you can always look from a different angle and find a new piece waiting to be written.
– I intend to read more of Rupi Kaur as they are a poet that I have discovered to be a wonderful inspiration because they don’t follow the standards rules of poetry.

Part E: You, the Critic of your Work
1) And Yet
1. The title is And Yet and is signifies a waiting and contradictory tone in the piece. It is also a repeated line in the poem.
2. David Milgaard was wrongly convicted and here’s an outsider describing his perspective.
3. My purpose was to explain this case and some emotions throughout it and the audience was anyone who knew the story.
4. My influence was the David Milgaard case and an article was studied in class.
5. I decided to write a few simple sentences then one broken up among multiple lines.
6. With this poem I chose not to revise or edit as I found this short poem to say all it needs when I wrote it down originally.

2) I’m From
1. The title is I’m From and it is because this poem was emulated from another with the same title.
2. An exaggerated poetic explanation of my childhood and where lived and grew up.
3. My purpose was to show my childhood and early life through words and the audience was teens around my age.
4. My influence was the I’m From poem we emulated from.
5. I took each line and directly emulated most with some being slightly different.
6. When writing I wrote many versions of every line and played with them to find which combinations worked best together.

3)Him or Her
1. The title is Him or Her and it signifies the two perspectives with a hidden question of who will you choose.
2. Two opposite perspectives of one situation with a suspenseful ending.
3. My purpose was to explore different opinions and sides to one event and the audience is teenagers and young adults.
4. My influence was taking a random line from a book and writing from that.
5. I took the first line as a quote and put thoughts between sets of dialogue. The dialogue is the same between the two sides however the thoughts are different.