Mini Love

Oh, jeez. I just, I look at her and lose all words. I am in love. She is my angel, come to save my soul. She is beautiful and strong, caring and independent. Everything a girl could ask for.

No. Get out of your head. There’s no way a girl like that could be interested in a girl like me. So amazing and I’m . . . well, I’m a shy, quiet nerd. I don’t speak in class or have near any friends. Why would she – popular, beautiful, outspoken – want to talk to me, let alone, go out with me.

There’s only one way to find out. I need to ask her. But not in front of her friends. She’s always around them though so I have to. But I can’t. I’m not ready. I’ll never be ready. But nothing will happen if I don’t. Okay, fine. Get over yourself and go. Just stand, walk up, and –

“-Hey.” Oh, crap, that’s her. I can’t turn around she’ll see me freaked out. This is my chance though.

“Excuse me?” Turn. Around.

“Hi.” Her eyes are so deeply blue and hold endless amounts of stars in them. I have to look up slightly since she’s in heels and a bit taller than me to begin with. I’ll ask her now. I can do this.

“Um, you’re in front of my car.” I can feel my smile failing me. No, stay on I need to get through this.

“Oh, s-sorry. I’ll just move my stuff and go.”

“It’s fine.”

“What?” I blank.

“I wanted to talk to you anyways.”

“A-about what?”

“Well, you know the spring dance is coming up and I know you’re out and well I’m not and I was wondering if . . . well if you . . . if we could . . . ”

“If I’d go with you to come out?” I can’t hide the slight disappointment in my voice.

“Yes, but I also want to, to be with you. If . . . if that’s okay.”

“Absolutely.”